Friday, November 12, 2010

Celery and Fennel Bulb Winter Salad


Ingredients: 
Celery
Fennel bulb
fresh lemon juice
olive oil
Parmesan or Pecorino Romano Cheese
salt and pepper

Assembly:
1. Very thinly slice the celery and fennel bulb (the recipe said to use a mandolin cutting device but I did not have one so I did mine manually)
2. Add lemon juice and olive oil, salt  and pepper to taste
3. Use vegetable peeler to grate large pieces of parmesan cheese and add these
(This picture is from the second time I made the salad. I added fresh corn and radishes because I had those on hand. I am sure other added ingredients would be good as well.)

** I found this recipe on the internet after getting fennel bulb and celery in our CSA. We do not really like celery very much but enjoyed this salad, (enough to make it twice in fact). It is very refreshing especially in the fall and winter when there are not a lot of salad options.



No comments:

Post a Comment