Monday, April 18, 2011

Supernatural Cooking: Espresso Banana Muffins

Espresso Banana Muffins

I made these when my family was in town.  Every body seemed to like them. They were very dense. I used greek yogurt which has less water. I am not sure if that had anything to do with it. If I make then again I think I will try regular yogurt to see if it makes a difference.




2 cups white- whole wheat flour ( or one cup white, one cup wheat)
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/14 cups toasted walnut pieces
1 tablespoon coffee, very finely ground
6 tablespoons unsalted butter at room temp
3/4 cup natural cane sugar (I found this at the local grocery store)
2 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup plain yogurt
3 large overripe bananas

Heat oven to 375

Combine dry ingredients and 3/4 cup nuts in a bowl and mix

In a separate bowl cream the butter then add in the sugar and eggs.  Stir in the vanilla, yogurt and mashed bananas.

Gentle mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, take care not to over mix (may make muffins tough).

Use an ice cream scoop to divide the mixture into muffin tin, preferably with muffin papers (should make 12). Top with remaining nuts and bake for 25 min. 

No comments:

Post a Comment